Introduction to Belly Dance with world famous Delilah.
Cost: $38 limited to 6 students.
Date: Oct 20th 2012
Time: 10am-12:30pm 2 1/2 hour class
Location Fremont Neighborhood
How to register
Please download and print our registration form >>, fill it out and send it in with a check. Or Pay online $40
• Coin Hip Scarf
• Power Belly Weight belt for you to try. (They help you learn faster)
• 3 Yard dance veil.
• Water is provided.
See if belly dance is something you want to do?
It’s a fun way of exercising and staying young, but it’s more. . . It’s an art form that involves costuming, self expression, cultural enrichment, personal growth and self discovery, music appreciation, as well as making friends with a bunch of fun women. There are places for dancers of all levels to perform. Usually the audiences are other dancers and family and they are very fun and rewarding experiences. Some are bigger and more public and there are many national contests for those who really get into belly dance. But you do not have to be professionally goal oriented to enjoy this art for years to come. Women are all sizes, ages and physical capacities.
•The Annual Fremont Summer Solstice Parade with Delilah’s Dancers, in Mid June
• The Mediterranean Festival in West Seattle in Mid July.
• Delilah’s Belly Dance Retreats in Hawaii; February
• Cues and Tattoos; Mid March
• Emerald Sanctuary; Mid August
• Trolloween with Delilah and her Dancers; Oct Halloween Project.
• A variety of events, workshops, concerts like Hasani’s Hafla inTacoma four times a year; Aug, Nov, Feb, May,.
• House of Tarab is a beautiful Arabic Ensemble that performs with top professional dancers in and out of the area.
• Delilah’s Troupe is called the “Neighborhood Temple Priestesses “ the do arty sorts of things as well as Women’s Parties such as baby showers, wedding showers, wakes, ground breaking and birthday celebrations.
Prepare for class:
Check out Delilah’s Student Note Book online here>>
Wear Comfortable clothes.
We have everything else you will need for this class.
We will dance bare foot, but if you need more support use a soft light shoe or sandal.
Where to proceed afterwards?
We rotate classes Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday Nights,
Periodic Saturday Workshops,
Private classes can be scheduled on Saturdays and Weekdays.
Homework: Please read our Student Notebook before class.
Delilah is an internationally acclaimed belly dance performer and instructor. She was the first dancer to receive the Dancer of the Year Award from the International Academy of Middle Eastern Dance in Hollywood, California 1997. Delilah grew up in Southern California, learning the dance form as it was passed on and popularized in this country by first and second generation immigrants from Lebanon, Armenia, Iraq, Syria, Iran, Egypt, Israel, Turkey, Morocco and Greece. Her years of devoted study and practice have led her to become one of the foremost teachers and innovators in the field of bellydance today. More >>