Gypsy Veil Dance: A Primer to 9/8 Rhythm
Belly Dance Instruction with Delilah
In this unique DVD program you will learn…
- How to step and move your hips gracefully to a Turkish 9/8 time signature.
- Increase balance, timing, agility and general belly dance experience.
Steps, spins, veil passes and combinations
- You will become familiar with veils as well as costume designs and construction.
- Delilah teaches how to dance with a wider range of veil movements and attitude.
In addition to the typical veil moves belly dancers have been using for years, you will learn faster handling with a more whimsical, fiery finesse. This develops character and a wider range of expression for the dance artist!
Music from “Tapestry of the Dance” by John Bilezikjian and Var Daghdevirian.
- 90 minutes
- Rhythm warm up for mind and body
- Step instruction
- 9/8 step work out
- Veil pass techniques
- Combination veil passes
- 5 Performances
- Archival performance footage of 2 of Delilah’s unique choreographies: “Lama Bada 10/8 Veil Dance” & “Delilah’s Veil Origami”
- Costume Stories and tips on all the costumes featured on this DVD and more.
- Four different 9/8 Rhythm sound tracks for practicing and teaching: slow, fast and 2 challenging variations.
- Veil tips: what fabrics to use and why
“This is really a fun and unique instructional dance DVD. There is nothing to compare to it. Every true belly dancer must have this lesson!”
-V.B., Seattle WA
“Delilah’s costumes and dancing is gorgeous!”
-B. H., La Mesa CA
“Delilah is a Veil Tamer!”
-S. T., Farmington NM
|View Trailer Quicktime Video >>
|View Trailer Windows Media Player Video >>