A Retro Choreography (with Performance program “Fire at the Iao”)
IAMED Award Winner 2003 “Best Instructional Belly Dance Program on Video or DVD”
In this program we look back at a spontaneous choreography, deconstruct it, and squeeze the juice from its kernels to nourish our growth and understanding of bellydance. As we view this instructional companion to Fire at the Iao, we find ourselves observing the science behind the magic and art of bellydance.
One five minute section of the live Iao concert performance is carefully broken down into 7 instructive lessons with approximately 48 different bellydance moves. Even non-dancers will find this highly original instructional program fascinating and illuminating.
This program was shot with 2 cameras during the live concert at the Iao Theater and 3 cameras at American Production’s studio for the instructional program. A step-by-step instruction of a spontaneous choreography from Fire at the Iao. For intermediate and advanced dancers, A Retro Choreography is a very well produced presentation we know you will enjoy.
Flamenco and bellydance, hot and soulful. Fire at the Iao captures a remarkable performance…a beautiful, entertaining and entrancing evening of dance and music. This live show from the Iao Theater, Wailuku Maui in February 2000, stars Nikki Conti & Sulyman El Coyote in Spanish Flamenco, and Delilah & Sirocco in Middle Eastern Bellydance.
Studio Program Chapters:
- Begins with the 5 minute Dance Performance study material
- Introduction and discussion of Right and Left brain thought processes
- Notes on how to study with this video lesson
- Preliminary Dance Exercise and warm up
- A Retro Choreography: Lessons 1-7
- Alternating sections of performance demonstration and in-studio instruction
- The dance with voiced over stereo coaching instruction
- Additional Choice of sound tracks offered on DVD
- Theatre Show Program Chapters:
- Introduction and dance collage
- Nikki Conti in 2 Dances: Solaris & Bolaris
- Sulyman el Coyote in Male Dance Bolaris
- Delilah and Sirocco burn up the stage together in a 30 minute featured dance performance! Fire at the Iao!
- WEB CLUB MEMBERSHIP
- Artists commentary: Nikki, Sol, Armando and Delilah
- Delilah’s solo commentary
- Bazaar, trailers and credits
|View Instructional Section Trailer, Quicktime Video >>
|View Instructional Section Trailer, Windows Media Player Video >>
|View Performance Section Trailer, Quicktime Video >>
|View Performance Section Trailer, Windows Media Player Video >>